Want cake without calories??? Try my little felt number. Took all day to make, but isn't it cute???
Monday, July 6, 2009
Well, our 4th of July was humming along when at 4:00 a.m. on the 5th we were awoken by our neighbor banging on the door and dog going crazy. Apparently the house next to us had caught on fire. Mark ran out to get the hose, but then realized that was futile and by then the fire department and police had arrived. We had to evacuate!!! So I got the kids, the dog, my purse. Mark grabbed some clothing and that was it. We all got to watch the house burn down from about 3 houses down the cul-de-sac. Fortunately, the occupants got out safely thanks to smoke detectors and our neighbors were kind to all of us, getting us blankets, water and chairs. We were out there for a couple of hours when we were finally allowed to go back in. There must have been over 50 firefighters and 8 to 10 engines trying to get this fire out. The house went up in about 10 minutes. The investigator said it was faulty electrical in the laundry room. Yikes! Anyways, I'm so sorry for our neighbors. They are sifting throught what's left and will be relocating. Fortunately, everything in the garage was fine, including their cars. Here are some photos of the house.