Sunday, January 2, 2011

Patriotic Rose

This quilt has a history. I made this quilt on consignment over 4 years ago. The quilt was offered as a class and my client paid me to take the class. In that class was a woman named Phyllis who dropped out of the class after the second night. I finished the quilt and that was the end of it. Fast forward 4 years later...Debbie at the shop thought it might be fun to ressurect this quilt and offer it as a class again, but using me as the instructor. I like the quilt, but it's really not my thing and I didn't want to do it again. Then I had a brainstorm. I went to Phyllis (who is one of our regulars at the store) and made a deal with her...if she paid for the materials, I would make the quilt for her and use it as the class sample and when the class was over, I would hand it over to her and she would have one for her very own.. I'm going to show it off at our retreat this weekend and then get it quilted!

1 comment:

April said...

Where's the "Like" button????